Selected Medical and Natural supplements
Selected Medical and Natural Supplements.
The present is published for educational purposes. Natural dietary supplements are not a substitute for medication or medical treatment.
Many natural herbs and products on the market have no demonstrated efficacy, only a few have been proven to have significant health benefits.
We have made a selection of supplements, some are natural and some are of medical or pharmaceutical origin. We included only the natural products that have a proven significant efficacy. The list was short.
The selected products were:
In the natural supplements category:
- Niacin, Proven to help improve the cholesterol ratio
- Phytosterol and plant sterols, proven to reduce the absorption of ldl cholesterol and increase the good hdl-C
- Fish oil, including salmon oil supplements, reported to help stabilize coronary plaque to a certain extent.
- Omega-3, for their reported cardiovascular benefits.
- Psyllium husks. Part of a high fiber dietary regimen.
In the man made supplements category:
- Ecotrin 81 mg
- Centrum multivitamin tablets, including Centrum silver for women.
These are available online
Remember that patients should consult a physician before taking any supplements